The difficulty is so high that I didn't make it past round 8 x.x"
Let's see... good points...
1) Solid, if mainly tweens, graphics / animation
2) Simple, easy-to-understand gameplay
3) Nice music and sound
4) Amusing kills
There was one thing that I REALLY didn't like about it, though.
1) VERY slow-paced. This was actually the reason why I didn't try more than twice. It takes way too long between fights. Additionally, losing means starting over, and there's nothing to see until you reach the level you were on. Extremely boring after the first loss.
Basically an extended version of the Kirby SS minigame, but clear effort was put into it. Needed to be able to skip to the next round or have savepoints. Overall, nice.
A worthy addition to the SHIFT series.
Simply looking at adventure mode (I'll do the others when I have more time), the game was definitely better than the first two. The game is not quite as linear as before, and there are two different endings you can get as well. Looking forward to SHIFT 4.
Although the two soft locks I found (one I was forced to refresh, the other I only noticed) did keep me from giving this a 10, the fact that Mel Gibson is NOT the secret celebrity (silly person, putting Tom Fulp in and telling everyone who unlocked him to say it was Mel Gibson) made the game quite humorous. 5/5 9/10
Much more fun to play the second time
I have to admit, I didn't really like the game the first time around. With so much luck coming into play it really wasn't fun to lose every time. I'm sure many of the other viewers (some have complained in their reviews) were upset with the increased amount of chance as well. Next time consider more SKILL, not chance. I finally beat it today, but it wasn't terribly satisfying considering how much luck was involved (whether or not a country can successfully make the cure, whether or not that one person originally infected dies before I can infect others, etc.). That kind of luck is the worst kind, considering those who lose right off the bat are bound to say only bad things about the game.
To the last reviewer... since when can't a plane leave one part of a country and land in another part? Actually MOST flights stay within the country... so be glad it wasn't coded as such.
Violence and Humor ignored for obvious reasons.
lol, NEVERLAX "SDW" ftw
After spending hours on your last bot arena, I am glad to spend much less time on this one, simply because it was more enjoyable. Is this one better than the last one? I don't think anyone can say no. While the last one centered around buying bots and hoping they'd attack intelligently, this one centered around buying bots AND manuevering them around. Could it be improved? Definitely.
1. Allow bots to stay in one place without moving everywhere (very annoying to send a healer away only to have him come right back)
2. When a bot is ordered to "follow" an enemy bot, have it only attack other bots if it is unable to attack the targetted bot (for example it's not fun when I target one bot, but my bot's attacking another one that just happened to get in range first)
3. Still haven't seen that no weight limit mode...
4. Consider a REAL challenge mode (what you had should be called training mode or the like), for instance your bot(s) take part in multiple consecutive battles where your health doesn't recover, or doesn't recover fully
5. Since when did arenas have just two teams? Something that would help make the 4th BotArena "fresh" would to have each arena actually have multiple battles
6. You already have damage and health vary, consider adding speed, accuracy, evasion (hit but not damaged), and agility (ability to turn). You could also consider certain bots (chassises, armors) having special abilities, like auto-heal, damage nearby robots upon death, an aura (boosted stat(s) for nearby friendly robots or continuous damage for nearby enemy robots, etc. Adding this should make it possible to add much more length to the game without making it tedious
7. This could possibly be the most important one, but also one of the hardest to program: Enemy AI. I'm not talking about the bots... their AI, as far as I can see, is fine. I'm talking about your opponent controlling his bots in the same way you are (or at least what appears to be the same way), so that the enemy isn't just running around with their heads cut off. You could even give each team a face (upper body), if you could draw one. Something to force the human to play smarter
Btw... with that bonus weapon (see summary) it's possible to win every single arena with the same bot :P
I look forward to seeing an intelligent enemy in Bot Arena 4 ;)
Graphics: In general, same as #2, with some new bot options
Style: Main difference between 2 and 3 is more bot options and human control during matches... interface still looks about the same though
Sound: Like a reviewer said before me, the sounds did get annoying after a while, but it wasn't that bad
Violence: How do you rate bots fighting? I ignored this
Interactivity: Human control was a definite plus, but control was sometimes slightly clumsy (see first improvement)
Humor: No humor, none needed. Ignored
Overall: Much better than #2, but still has many improvements that could be made
One word: wow.
Don't listen to dellydale1. This was incredible. Granted, it wasn't very visually appealing, nor was there much content, but there was AWESOME coding behind it. So awesome that you're getting a ten and five from me. Although I must admit I prefered the keyboard version to this. As to the comment about there being other 3D games, I have NEVER seen any 3D game on newgrounds of this quality. In fact I don't even know how to make a 3D (racing) game (in flash). I'd like to know how it was done (in flash). Btw, for the 3D and the potential in this, you're going on as one of my favorite authors (and I only have a few).
I beat it :)
So now I can tell you that your replay button doesn't appear to work...
It's a good game... but you need to make wall jumping less mechanical... and wall sliding would be nice as well... also make the second jump easier to do (you have to time it exactly right, which is really a pain to do)
But there were 2 major problems in it. Not glitches, merely problems...
1) Extremely tiring... considering at least having a launch ball button
2) The hardest levels were not at the end... I completed the last level on only a single try, while it took me 10-20 tries on some of the "easy" levels. Order your levels properly, or people will be even more frustrated than normal when they can't beat it.
You had the one song there that I really liked... BEWARE THE MUSHROOM FOREST!!! :):):)
The general atmosphere of the flash needs to look cleaner though... but in general a cool little game
Overall I enjoyed the game... especially the PEEPER part... didn't figure that out for a little while :P
very nice final puzzle... took me quite a while with that one too :D
The main problem I had with it was the numbers... I mean come on! 43 x 48? for a 6th grader? You've got to be kidding me. Also the music got messed up after you restarted. Some sort of background or change in music would have been nice as well. Other than I thought it was cool.
Just a minute, I'll fix the music.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.