So let me get this straight....
You make a SPECIAL THANKS to Brock (Baker) for being part of the animation.... but Brock (the Gym Leader) is nowhere to be seen?!
Even Misty had an (albeit short) appearance...
Mind = blown
First off, it's very rare for me to log in, let alone write a review.
Let me run down the list of things that happened:
1) For the longest time, I've wanted a better version of "SMRPG Rawest Forest"
2) While clicking on yesterday's submission of the day, I happened to notice "SMRPG" in the one above it.
3) I do a double take and see "SMRPG Waltz of the Forest"... like, that song.
4) I see that it's by Kirbopher, the guy who did countless awesome things.
5) I watch and enjoy the actual movie.
6) I follow the link back to the original movie and watch that.
7) My mind is blown when I find out that was also done by Kirbopher.
Oh, and this one was way better, in both music and animation.
Clock day... fun times. Fun times indeed. *looks at review for own clock flash*
Needs more... substance :P
The difficulty is so high that I didn't make it past round 8 x.x"
Let's see... good points...
1) Solid, if mainly tweens, graphics / animation
2) Simple, easy-to-understand gameplay
3) Nice music and sound
4) Amusing kills
There was one thing that I REALLY didn't like about it, though.
1) VERY slow-paced. This was actually the reason why I didn't try more than twice. It takes way too long between fights. Additionally, losing means starting over, and there's nothing to see until you reach the level you were on. Extremely boring after the first loss.
Basically an extended version of the Kirby SS minigame, but clear effort was put into it. Needed to be able to skip to the next round or have savepoints. Overall, nice.
A worthy addition to the SHIFT series.
Simply looking at adventure mode (I'll do the others when I have more time), the game was definitely better than the first two. The game is not quite as linear as before, and there are two different endings you can get as well. Looking forward to SHIFT 4.
Although the two soft locks I found (one I was forced to refresh, the other I only noticed) did keep me from giving this a 10, the fact that Mel Gibson is NOT the secret celebrity (silly person, putting Tom Fulp in and telling everyone who unlocked him to say it was Mel Gibson) made the game quite humorous. 5/5 9/10
Much more fun to play the second time
I have to admit, I didn't really like the game the first time around. With so much luck coming into play it really wasn't fun to lose every time. I'm sure many of the other viewers (some have complained in their reviews) were upset with the increased amount of chance as well. Next time consider more SKILL, not chance. I finally beat it today, but it wasn't terribly satisfying considering how much luck was involved (whether or not a country can successfully make the cure, whether or not that one person originally infected dies before I can infect others, etc.). That kind of luck is the worst kind, considering those who lose right off the bat are bound to say only bad things about the game.
To the last reviewer... since when can't a plane leave one part of a country and land in another part? Actually MOST flights stay within the country... so be glad it wasn't coded as such.
Violence and Humor ignored for obvious reasons.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.